Socratic Seminar Introductory Level 1 Workshop
For More information on upcoming Virtual Zoom Workshop Dates and Times, please Click on Register or Contact Oscar Graybill at Oscar@SocraticSeminars.com or
Socratic Seminar Leadership
An Introductory Teacher Workshop: Level 1
Increase student engagement, foster critical thinking, teach critical reading, and promote civility through dynamic classroom dialogue.
Teacher Workshop Objectives & Expectations
- Gain understanding of the history and philosophy of Socratic Seminars
- Participate in and reflect upon a variety of Socratic Seminars
- Lead a Socratic Seminar with colleagues
- Learn the knowledge and skill of selecting engaging texts
- Create Opening Questions that spark student conversation and thoughtfulness
- Discover the key Socratic Questioning Strategies
- Understand the importance of balancing leadership and participation in a Socratic Seminar
- Learn and practice individual and collective reflection
- Recognize the power of Socratic Seminars to address local, state, and national high standards.
Who Should Attend this workshop:
Public, private, and charter school: Classroom Teachers, Teachers of English, Social Studies/History, Science, World Languages, Gifted Education, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, National Board Certified, Title I, AVID, Department Heads, Administrators; Community College, College, and University professors.
Meet and Share:
This teacher workshop is a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators seeking practical ideas for engaging students in Socratic Seminars that address Best Practices and High Academic Standards by increasing student engagement, and teaching critical thinking skills. Workshop provides examples and ideas for leading Zoom Socratic Seminars with students and enriching online (Zoom) student learning.
Additional Benefits of Attending a Virtual Zoom Workshop:
- Socratic Seminar Introductory Workshop Notebook
- Certificate of Completion verifying 7 professional development hours
Registration Fee: $215 for individuals; $205 for Groups of five or more.
Please Note: A Virtual Zoom Workshop requires a minimum of 8 pre-registered participants 72 hours before the scheduled start of the workshop. In the event that this minimum number is not reached, full refunds are processed for those who registered for the workshop. The workshop is limited to a maximum of 49 participants.
Check out all of our Upcoming Workshops.